For the month of January, Navas is exploring stories around the notion that, 'Your Body is a Tall Temple.'
Brandon Booth is a 6'8'' yogi who stands tall for integrity, open-mindedness and positivity. You can learn more about him on his Instagram: 6foot8yoga. Below, Brandon has shared his 5 favourite yoga poses for tall guys! Enjoy!
1. Upward Facing Dog - Urdhva Mukha Shvanasana
- Make sure you keep your shoulders back and your core engaged.
- If new to this pose keep your thighs on the ground. When more comfortable engage your legs to raise your thighs slightly up.
2. Headstand - Sirsasana
- Start practicing this pose against a wall till you get your confidence up.
- Once you are comfortable, experiment with different hand and leg positions.
3. Bound Extended Side Angle - Utthita Pārśvakoṇāsana
- If you cannot grasp your hand together use a strap.
- Once you have your grasp, try to roll your shoulders back and feel the opening in the chest.
4. Crow Pose - Kākāsana
- Don't look straight down. Find a spot 1-2 feet in front of you to focus on.
- The Sanskrit for crow is Kākāsana but many times it is referred to as Bakāsana which is actually Crane Pose.
- As you become more comfortable in Crow Pose try to bring your knees into your chest more and straighten your arms. This advanced variation is Crane Pose.
5. Forearm Stand - Pincha Mayurasana
- Check out Dolphin Pose and Extended Puppy Pose for great ways to build flexibility in your shoulders.
- Just like headstand, start this one next to a wall.
- You are going to fall. Learn how to fall and this will help your confidence.
- The possibilities are seemingly endless in this pose. Try out different leg variations and also moving your head in line with your torso, which is sometimes referred to as shifting your gaze.
Brandon is wearing the Crowe Tencel Tee. This tee is manufactured locally. The fabric is made with organic cotton and made under the OEKO-TEX 100 environmental standards.