As we’ve entered Earth Month, it's essential for us at Navas Lab to think about how our choices impact our planet. Sustainable clothing is becoming increasingly important as people realize the impact that fast fashion has on the environment.
It may have become a popular trend in recent years, with retailers producing low-cost clothing collections inspired by the latest fashion trends, however the environmental impact is an ever-growing concern.
For tall men, finding sustainable clothing options can be a challenge, but it's more critical than ever to make the switch!
Our ‘Why’ in Sustainable Clothing
Earth Month is important for us because it raises awareness about environmental issues and encourages others to take action to protect the planet. It’s about education, taking action and working together with people and organizations towards a common goal.
Sustainability and community are two of the integral pieces of our ‘why’, which we hold ourselves accountable, as well, we expect our community to hold us accountable too. Earth Month helps to emphasize the importance of sustainability, encouraging people to adopt sustainable practices, and supporting businesses (like us) that prioritize sustainable and ethical practices.
Shopping during Earth Month at Navas
Keeping all of this in mind, we’d like to provide you with a few reasons why shopping our sustainable clothing during Earth Month makes sense!
1. Less Waste: By choosing our sustainable options, you can help reduce the amount of waste produced by our industry. Fast fashion is notoriously wasteful, with clothing often ending up in landfills after only a few wears. Sustainable clothing, on the other hand, is made to last and designed to be worn for years to come.
2. Reduce Carbon Footprint: Sustainable clothing is made using materials and production methods that are less harmful to the environment. This includes our bamboo fabric. Our bamboo is milled, dyed and treated (water) using Canadian Standards. We chose bamboo because it’s a very comfortable material that has natural wicking and antimicrobial properties and importantly, it’s biodegradable.
By choosing sustainable options in clothing, you can help reduce the carbon footprint of the fashion industry and make a positive impact on the planet.
3. Support Ethical Practices: Sustainable clothing is often produced in a way that supports ethical practices, such as fair labor conditions and environmentally responsible production methods. By shopping at Navas Lab, you can feel good about supporting a company that prioritizes these values.
4. Comfortable and Stylish: Our clothing is not only good for the planet, but it's also comfortable and stylish. Because we design clothes specific for the statuesque, they are designed to fit well and look great. You will always feel good about what you're wearing while also making a positive impact. Win-win in our books!
5. Be part of the solution: Finally, shopping at Navas Lab is a way to be a part of the solution. By making conscious choices about what you wear, you can help drive change in the fashion industry and make a difference for the planet.
Contribute to Sustainability
As we celebrate Earth Month (and Earth Day on April 22) join us for our "earth month sale", featuring sale-priced items up to 45% off. This can be a great opportunity to not only update your wardrobe, but also contribute to your sustainability efforts. By choosing eco-friendly and ethical clothing options, you are supporting our brand that is committed to reducing our environmental impact and promoting fair labor practices!
Plus, when you're high-reaching, finding clothes that fit well can be a challenge, so taking advantage of sales can make it easier to find pieces that fit comfortably and look great. Make the most of our "earth month sale" and let's continue to celebrate our wonderful planet by making conscious choices about what we wear and the impact we have.
We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished in this industry to-date and we love to support other local and sustainable businesses to help promote economic growth and reduce the environmental footprint. If you have any suggestions on Canadian brands we should check out, please send us an email and let us know!