For the month of January, Navas is exploring stories around the notion that, 'Your Body is a Tall Temple.'
Clem Duranseaud is 6' who stands tall for integrity, honesty and empathy. You can learn more about his passion for training and nutrition on his instagram: Clem_fitness. Below, Clem has shared his 5 Tall Nutrition Tips and his favourite recipe to keeping tall guys satiated! Enjoy!
5 Tall NutritionTips
1. Drink more water. We (myself included) tend to not drink enough water. This is the simplest, fastest way to take better care of your body. Shoot for 3-4 litres per day
2. Balance your plate each meal. Have a serving of fruit or veggies, healthy fats and protein in every meal.
3. Eat most of you carbs from grains around your workouts, before and after. This helps fuel and recover properly.
4. Meal prep. Save one or two days a week to prep meals for the following days. I do it every Wednesday and Sunday.
5. Eat foods that make you happy. I have two “cheat” days per week so I can eat all the foods I love. The longer lasting effect of this is that I never feel like I’m restricting my nutrition, I feel happy, and most importantly, it allows me to stick to a healthy eating routine on the long term.
A Tall Man's Recipe: Zen Bowl
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup yam, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Make it happen:
1. Cook the chicken in the oven. 425F for 25 min should do the trick. For extra flavour, season it with a little bit of black pepper, chilli flakes, garlic powder and cinnamon.
2. In a large bowl, combine the yams with the red onion and throw in some olive oil, black pepper and dried oregano. Mix well and then transfer the yams and onion on a baking sheet and cook in oven at 425F for 20-25 minutes. I just cook this and the chicken at the same time.
3. Cook the rice in 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and then let it simmer. Once it's done, put the coconut oil in it and mix until all the rice is coated with it. This will add flavour and provide healthy fats.
4. The sauce: combine in a small bowl the juice from the lime, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil. whisk until it's mixed perfectly.
5. Once the chicken and yams are done, all you have to do is assemble to whole thing! Remember to add the avocado, sesame seeds and cilantro.
Meal prep tip:
You can make a large batch of this by multiplying all the ingredients by 5 and portion out 5 meals that are ready to go!
Clem is wearing the Crowe Microstripe Tee. This tee is manufactured locally. The fabric is made under the OEKO-TEX 100 environmental standards.